The Washington Seminar is an opportunity of a lifetime for a select group of Georgia’s finest and most promising high school students. Perhaps you have been to Washington D.C. and have followed the schedule of a traditional tourist. Many have.
However, have you ever had an opportunity to discuss the nation’s most pressing issues with Georgia’s Senators and Congressmen and to meet with other key Congressional leaders? Have you had a behind the scenes tour of some America’s most iconic places?
The Washington Seminar is designed to provide an opportunity for Georgia’s best to enhance their leadership skills in the nation’s model classroom of democracy—Washington D.C.
The Washington Seminar, designed especially for some of Georgia's brightest stars, in Washington, D.C. The Seminar will bring together Georgia’s Congressional delegation with select student leaders members from throughout the state. Program content is geared to answer quickly, honestly and accurately questions about current national issues, as well as social and economic problems. It is a unique meeting which will all some of Georgia’s best student leaders to meet “face-to-face” and get to know the Congressmen, Senators, key Congressional leaders, administrative officials and others in Washington who combine to make Washington our national capital.
- Observe Congress in Session
- Discussions with Georgia Congressional delegation
- Meet Congressional Leaders
- White House Tour*
- Panel Discussion on Lobbying and Lobbyists
- Special Tour of the Capitol
- Bus Tour of Washington including the Lincoln Memorial, Arlington Cemetery (changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknowns), Embassy Row, Washington Monument,
- Custis-Lee Mansion, Watergate Hotel Complex, Blair House, Pennsylvania Avenue, Iwo Jima Memorial, Kennedy Gravesite, Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Memorial and others.
- Tour of Smithsonian Institute
- Panel Discussions with Q&A
- Sunday Service at National Cathedral
- Meet News Media Personalities
- Congressional Luncheon
- Visit your Senators’ and Congressman’s Office
- Performance at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- Observe Congressional Committee Meeting or Hearing
- Walking tour of the Lincoln Assassination
- Tours include FBI Building, Supreme Court Building, Library of Congress, and National Archives
*Denotes tour subject to approval and security clearance
Additional program features will be announced in the program book each participant will receive after registering. You can count on this Seminar being the most interesting and informative event that you have ever attended.
We will be going by charter bus to Washington D.C. We will depart our meet up location (you will be sent directions) on Wednesday, July 5, arriving in D.C. We will be returning to the same meet up location Tuesday, July 11.
The registration fee is $1,350 per person. This includes round trip bus transportation, lodging, all meals, a performance at the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts, and general seminar expenses for the trip.
Expenses not included(you’ll need to bring money for these)... any souvenirs or personal items purchased at locations we will visit while in D.C.
A non-refundable deposit of $350 is due by Friday, March 31, 2017.
Payment 2 of $250 is due on April 28, 2017.
Payment 3 of $250 is due on May 26, 2017.
Payment 4 of $250 is due on June 16, 2017.
Final Payment of $250 is due on June 30, 2017.
Conference Application (applications can be faxed to 770-455-0101)
There is no financial assistance available for this program.